Scales + Partners have extensive experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial law. Our services range from setting up business entities to advising families and corporate groups.
Whether you are buying or selling a business, taking over a company or negotiating a contract, we have the expertise and experience to guide you through the transaction. Our technical skills and our ability to provide practical and commercial advice are highly valued by our clients.
Much of our work comes from referrals from other professionals, such as accountants and corporate advisers, who require that their work is performed in a professional, timely manner and at a reasonable cost.
Our range of Commercial Law services includes:
- Buying and selling businesses
- Joint ventures, partnerships and shareholder agreements
- Business structuring and restructuring, including the incorporation of companies, the establishment of discretionary and other trusts, self-managed superannuation funds and partnerships
- Asset protection planning and risk management
- Estate planning and the preparation of Wills, including complex Testamentary Trust Wills, and the preparation of Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives
- Business succession planning, including the implementation of insurance funded buy-outs of business partners or shareholders upon events such as death or disablement, and also the passing-down of the future control of family businesses for the benefit of children and succeeding generations
- Other commercial transactions generally, including the preparation or review of contracts and agreements